To begin with I wanted to make a brief note that there has been some confusion as to the new gas rate structure in the media. This is an understandable mistake, as it can seem to be a complex thing to grasp rates based on the way usage is calculated. Please keep an eye out on our website and Facebook for a more clear and explanation of these details.
In our ever-changing world of technology and increasing liability, there is a growing need to have greater accountability for what we do. We need to be more efficient as a Municipality and service provider. As a City, we owe our citizens the best use of their tax dollars . . . to make those dollars stretch as far as possible while at the same time maintaining and improving the services we provide. One of the things that we have just completed to further this goal is to put in place a new Financial Software System at City Hall. This new software puts all of our financial data into one central system and manages multiple city funds all under one roof.
With this software in place here are some of the benefits we gain:
- Ability to make complex financial tasks easier with one central program
- More resources at a lower cost
- Ability to pull demographic and financial data quickly, allowing us access to important information often useful for grants, managing utilities, and workflow
- Efficient processing for our customers
- More accurate financial statements
- Historical reports in a central location
- A Budget Manager software
- Multi-fund accounting system
- A strong technical support system
With these improvements in place we hope that you will find us at City Hall having ready access to information, better turn around times, and more knowledge and skills. If you have any questions for us, or would like to learn more, give us a call at City Hall at 931-879-8815 or message us on Facebook at Facebook.com/CityofJamestown.